Boisterous betrayers they were, chocolates infatuation, a woman's bane and man's competition. Well, some men's competition, for me, there are no such games of enchanting smiles and guarded glances. What you see, is not always what you get. Woolen fingers dipped into the bag, another decadent treat plucked from wrapping and popped into my mouth. At least I could indulge in some sort of sin that would retain my status.I had found myself near a small outdoor cafĂ©, one that boasted of both Salome’s presence as well as Malleus. I had not seen him since our reading or Salome for that matter. Once a hand I read for her, she paying well when the cards are kind, not so much when trouble rides on the wind.
Misinformed misadventures manifested by the fruit of whispers, those small tethering echo's that directed my voice to what lay in the past, present and future of each person I read for. I set the bag of sweets away, determined to earn a bit of coin along the walk of my street infested sojourn.
Ah, the righteous shall rule, with the backing of madmen and women with fortuitous plans.
I clasped the cards at my waist, shushing the rence that hissed with the telling of unwanted prophecies. It is bad for business if I were to approach such favorable clientele with a frown. I took a seat at separate table across from the.. happy couple, Malleus immediately offering greeting.
He had remembered my name.
I had planned on reading for Salome, that being the reason for my presence, but that hadn’t worked out, so instead I did the next best thing. I made an appointment.
Born within the chaos they will cry out, desperate souls destined to be heard. By the light of a fiery breath, they will cease, each turned inside out, their lies revealed. They weren’t quieting easily.
And for a moment, a single ihn within the walls of time, I thought perhaps he had heard them as well. But that would be.. impossible.
Or would it? Perhaps he will make a believer out of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment