We have made it back to Ar and the inn I so desperately wish to purchase. I’ve told Aiden of my dream and he assures me he is handy with repairs, and I do indeed wish for him to stay. I wish to keep him near me. Upon my second night in Ar, I was summoned by the House of Sarce, Aiden attending me in my short sojourn to the wealthiest of districts. The moment I entered I could feel the unheard screams, the vile secrets that permeated ever corner. This was a house of mistrust, lies and deception. There were two that awaited me, a red haired goddess and a red haired woman that would soon be delivered of child.
And then I saw him.
I did not know his name, the benefactor that had come to me shortly after my freedom, knowing him only by the card he drew, Ruin. He appeared tired, haggard as if he had befallen a terrible sickness, of not body, but soul. I’m afraid my surprise and ultimate uneasiness was not hidden well, despite my usual stoic demeanor.
It was the Goddess, Circe who first I read, she seeming the more interested of the two, though I found I could not shut out the man who both intrigued me and terrified me. Agamemnon Sarce.
Her first card was the Six of Coins, the suit of practicality, security and material concerns.
[scene in progress, more to come!]
No comments:
Post a Comment