Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Fabric of Roots

I have at last reached Schendi for the fair, but I wonder if I should have waited so long to come. My daughter will be making her arrival in less than a moon, if she appears on schedule. But then again, babies never give one enough time to plan.

I left no note of where I was going, or where I could be found. I’ve not seen Castor since our daughter was conceived. I often wonder if I had the choice, would I change that night. I always expel the same answer. I would not.

A daughter. I have no doubt that my child shall be a girl, and yet, I can not convince myself to start thinking of names. I am alone, but I am by no means lonely. Nor am I distraught over the fact that I shall be raising my child alone. I realize it is for the best, and that Castor can not be recognized as her father. I shall start immediately concocting a story of her heritage. Though I shall be as truthful as possible, I will have no choice but to insert certain amounts of fantasy into my history. I know, to keep her safe, as well as myself, I will have to misguide the truth.

No comments: