The fair is over, but still I linger on, lost in a haze of uncertainty, not quite sure where I should go next. Though the majority of the fair goers have returned to their cities, a few have stayed behind, for whatever reasons. I have thought of returning to AR, but I am afraid of what awaits me there. For that matter, I am afraid of what awaits me here, for I have seen two men watching me, following me. So long as I stay, I feel safe, but now that the fair is over, I’m not so sure. I think that if I return to AR, Charm will be taken from me, as Gabriel threatened, and yet I know I cannot run forever. I had thought of returning to Schendi, but that would probably be the first place they would look.
I had better decide soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment