Monday, May 25, 2009

A Charming Return

I took Guenther with me in order to retrieve Charm and although I knew he might have been able to steal my daughter from under Gabe and Zarah’s nose, I felt the need to confront them directly. I knew if I stole my child back, we would be on the run forever and that would not be fair to her. I’m tired of running. I’m tried of hiding. I’m tired of not being able to hold my little girl.

Both refused me, Zarah in all her arrogance and Gabriel in all his ignorance. It was as I thought, he did not know what his companion had done. He has accused me of running away and abandoning her, when nothing could have been farther from the truth.

He bid me goodnight and that we would again talk in the morning, and we were forcefully ushered out. I would give him until the morning if need be, after that, I would put the retrieval of my daughter in Guenther’s hands.

But I didn’t have to. Less then fifteen ehns later Gabriel stumbled outside, with Charm in hand, bundled up and ready for me to take her. He almost tripped over me, since I had decided that the best place I could be was on his doorstep.

He apologized for his companion, explaining that he did not know what she had done. He also asked that I not keep my daughter from them. I think he loves her as much as I do and being that he may be the closest thing to a father she’ll ever have, I agreed. Gabriel will be a part of Charm’s life, no matter what.

I’m not even sure I blame Zarah for what she has done. Despite what happened to me, Charm has been very well cared for.. and I can see, loved, and for that I am grateful.

Gabriel is going to see what he can find out about Kain for me. Aiden too. I do hope they are both alive.

No comments: