Monday, April 16, 2007

Whispered Fortunes

I am getting better at knowing what card will be chosen, even before I turn it over. I have not been wrong in the last several times. I’ve read for both women and men, thus far making my master a tidy profit.

I’m finding routine in my daily duties and I have settled easily within them. I also over hear much as a slave, but since I am not prone to gossip, I have only this journal in which to tell. My master has offered companionship to the woman of the inn, the one that likes to have her cards read on a daily basis. Though she seriously considers this, I also see the doubt in her eyes. Her cards divulged much to me of her past and her present. Twice her future had been divined, each time different because of her current path.

As for the man that owns me, I see only one love in his life. Perhaps two. The pursuit of power and coin, but I don’t have to be able to see into the future to know that.

I have been afraid to read my own cards for over a hand, not wishing to know what the future holds for me. I would only fret over what they had to tell me and worrying is something I cannot well afford.

I still pray I will gain some collector’s eye and be bought for the gift I possess. I still have hope that the thing that makes me unique will not be taken away from me. I still want that which I can never have. The removal of the curse.

No comments: