Once I read the fortune of a woman who had paid me two silvers. I found her again today, at the springs. The cards didn’t bode well for her, in fact they were a worrisome trio that told of trials past and trials to come. I was paid four copper for my services.
Of all the people that I should see while out, it was Tony who found us, he wanting to speak with me about a proposition. He was opening a club and he thought that maybe I could make coin with my talent. Too, there was a place for Salome, who would lend coin to those desperate souls that were down and out on their luck.
He took us on a tour, a building that had once been used as a slaver’s complex. How fitting.
I am to receive a cut of what I bring in. I am to be entertainment of a different kind.
No comments:
Post a Comment