I hadn’t been back to the Club since that first day, when the Lady money lender and I had been given the grand tour.
My hands were filled with swatches of fabric, decisions to be made at the decorating of my new room.
I was helped in by a man and the two slaves I recognized from that first day, spilling my bounty of brilliant squares on the floor. He had offered out his hand to show me the way, yet again, though I did not take it. I do not touch many, but especially men, for they hold something within them that brings me to my knees, this not caused by a submissive nature, but because I can see into their very essence and such frightens me.
I was left alone in my abode, even offering the man a reading. Slaves I do not read for, not since Red, when her fortune was cast to the by the Three of Swords.. the card of betrayal and one that ultimately lead to her and two other’s deaths.
I do not think this man Carmine wishes me here. I see in his eyes what I see in so many, distrust and no small amount of.. perhaps not fear, but uncertainty.
Time will tell whether or not this is a place I belong.
No comments:
Post a Comment