How quickly I was becoming sick of dry salted fish, food taken from the staples of others. I took no more than I needed, occasionally leaving something in its place to compensate for the loss of what I stole. I had lost count of the days, though I know there were many, thinking that I would never reach any sort of dignified civilization. I kept to the land as much as possible, marshes the bane of my existence, always fearful of what I would come across. I tried to move little by day, not wishing to be discovered, but at times even this was unavoidable. And as I had already witnessed, sometimes night creatures were more horrible then those I might run into during the day.
The moons illuminated my weaving pathway, water carrying me from one parcel of land to the next, a pilgrimage that seemed never ending. At times I was certain I was walking in circles, while other times everything seemed so unfamiliar.
And then I saw it. A lonely square of rence floating serenely near a tuft of reeds as if it was waiting for me. My card.. the last to be found, a card that I had always had a hard time holding on to. The Lovers Card. We were all together again.. at last.
No comments:
Post a Comment