Monday, April 27, 2009

Pearls and Sapphires

Twice now I have found myself in Port Kar; once by invitation and now.. by chance. Precious coppers were spent on new clothing, a brown robe of inexpensive fabric and an inn, where I am allowed to stay for free, so long as I give a third of my earnings to the inn keeper, a woman I met at the Sardar Faire.

Readings are few and far between, most weary of my.. talents, though two have paid in gems, both pearls and sapphires, a cost that far exceeded the simple three copper I require. I put aside all of my earnings, so that when the time comes, I can find my way back to AR and my daughter. I miss my little Charm, more and more everyday, trying to imagine what new things she’s learned, I resentful at the fact she was taken away from me so cruelly. At least I’m sure that Gabriel and Zarah are taking good care of her, despite of who her father is.

Castor. My heart aches for him so and I know not if is he alive.. or dead.

Perhaps it is better not to know.

No comments: