My location has changed, but my compulsion to finish the tale has not. While the slave and I sat in the undisclosed cavern of safety, Nazarus was ridding us of those who would do harm. And though I do not have the details, I realize the odds were against him. A pirate in the desert can be just as deadly as on the sea.We now fly by tarn towards the city of
We had just reached the encampment, which to my surprise was full of men, when the first sighting of the Ubar’s men were seen. They had come for me, but they were too late.
The tarns took flight and I could see below the heft of spears raised in warring gesture, then piercing the skies and they were thrown. I had been holding my breath, the tears of relief coursing down my cheeks. I was safe. I was free.
I no longer know what awaits me. I fear going back to Ar. I fear avoiding it. I am only half the woman I was when I left, my son’s ashes scattered against the desert winds.
And I am guilty.
No comments:
Post a Comment