"Or is it the death of who you are now, Fate? For when a slave gives wholly of herself, she does find freedom, and in that freedom, all that she has known before meets a death of sorts."Is it the death of who I am, was… that can break the curse? Or is that merely a sweet play on words? Would it be worth the risk, would the cost out shine the end result? Could I live as other slaves do? Perhaps I could have both. Or perhaps I would end up with neither.
"Who you are now will die, yes, Fate, but who you will become will be far more. Freedom such as possession of a man, acceptance and submitting to him can open you to more than you are limited to herein. Perhaps, even, bring your gift to a new level. It has happened, Fate. Slaves have thrived and bloomed into beauties where they were but plain and simple, once placed within the ownership of a man more willing to stoke their potential, instead of suffocate it with indifference."
Until now, I had never wanted to be the eager slave. I was content with my life, settled comfortably within the crevice of non emotion, inhibited by the steel about my throat. He sees me, past the veneer, through to the inside.
His words rumbled against the corner of my mouth, seductive, drawing me further into the mortal complexities of my existence. I wanted him to taste me, my exuberance, my excitement, the unconditional emotional elixir at what he had stirred and I was not disappointed.
The kiss was as quiet as the man, soft and gentle and without force, but I could sense the craving, a hunger that was stilled, controlled. My want, however, was not as easily subdued.
I am engulfed in want, a woman on the verge of learning something secretive.
I think I shall be surprised at the way this begins. Or ends..
No comments:
Post a Comment