Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dark Confessions

"I am yours. I can be no others, not my body, my soul or my heart, no matter whose collar I bear, it is your symbol, your brand that I will claim, your stamp that will always remain seared upon my inner core. I love you."

How easy it is for a slave to give of herself in the deep darkness of an unseeing night. How easy it is to allow loves prose to play such a large part in words meant to bind.

"What if his asking price is to high, or if he refused to sell me? I shall surely die and fade away if I cannot be yours, a slave left to rot upon the unweaned deliverance of loves bounty. Do not leave me! Take me with you; make me yours in every way!"

I begged not to be left behind. Even as I spilled the words, I saw the bodies of Ruby Red and Quinn littering the floor of the inn bathed in blood. Am I a foolish slave for having fallen into the same crevice? I tell myself that my ending shall be different, that I shall not betray the man that owns me, that I must invoke patience.

"Give him time to come to his decision. No coin would be too great, but if it is...You will not be left behind, Fate.”

I clung to him as long as possible, my cheek crushed against his chest, my heart beating in a wild uncontrollable tattoo, the purplish mark upon the side of my throat my own small measure of security. I had told him I loved him. I hadn’t meant to, but somehow the words had brought me a thimbleful of peace, if only for a moment.


Freedom. It is answer to my curse, albeit I had always thought it meant I would be free of collar, I now know it means I must find freedom in my bondage. It is not the freedom of choice but the freedom of something so much more. The freedom of offering myself to another with no stipulations, the freedom of love I never thought to hold. The freedom of belonging to one that truly wants me..

No comments: