Saturday, November 1, 2008

Designs on a Dagger

I do believe my daughter would rather be in the arms of Quinn, then me. Each time she sees him, I feel her escape is inevitable, the protective cage I’ve sought to sit her in evaporating. But who better for her to want then a man with a kind heart.

It seems that he, like me, longs for a place to settle in, but neither of us quite belong anywhere. And that is why I find myself so overjoyed to receive his company. I have come to look forward to our meetings, as has my darling daughter.

He is the first man I have really never felt intimidated by. I do not worry that he will discover my deepest , darkest secret. I do not worry that his wish of my friendship is for any other purpose then friendship itself. I do no worry that he will, in the end, hurt me, either physically or emotionally. Much can be said for friendship. Landra was the only other friend I have ever had. How I miss her.

I have also purchased a dagger from Cam’s shop, oddly enough a sister of Quinn. It’s beautifully crafted with emeralds. I bought in on impulse, I think do to the fact that I was never allowed to have one. This my way of revolting against my past.

Or perhaps embracing it.

No comments: