Friday, December 19, 2008

Blood of My Blood

"Hurry up there is something I must do."

We’d made good time to the city and I was looking forward to a long hot bath to wash away the trail of dust I had accumulated. But Kain had other idea’s

"What do you have to do? We only got here?"

"LETS GO!" He grabbed me by the shoulder and ushered me down the stairs and into the adjoining café. We were greeted by a very short.. and well rounded man.

"Are you ready Kain?"

Castor removed the bands of leather from our arms, shhing me. Obviously I was not to talk.

The man poured to goblets of wine and drank from one... Kain took a blade out from under his cloak and put his finger to his lip. The man set the other goblet in front of Kain, who cut both our hands, a few drops of our blood mingling first in the wine, and then a small plate that was set aside. Kain took the first sip, then handed the goblet to me.

"Blood of your blood.. to the blood of hers.. binds the two of you together ever more." The jolly man handed Kain a quill, which was dipped in the small droplets of blood on the plate, his name signed to the contract that lay in wait. I signed mine as well, with no idea as to what was in it. But I had to trust him. I had to prove that I trusted him.

Something I never in a thousand lifetimes would have imagined. He actually companioned me. I’m not sure if I should laugh.. or cry. Either way, ours will not be an easy companionship.

I have lived a thousand lifetimes

To find a soul like you

I have searched a thousand towns

A million faces I’ve waded through

I have loved you for forever

And within my heart you’ve always slept

I knew you better then myself

Even thought we’d never met

I have sought the circle of passion

And swam an ocean of need

Been pinioned by my shadows

Been imprisoned by my deeds

I have wept for timeless moments

Been spent on silent dreams

But the essences of raw emotion

Is still deep inside of me

I have waited an eternity

Stole the moon and stole the sun

For yesterday never existed

Tomorrow will never come

I have walked the edge of innocence

Been harbored by the mist

I have loved you for a lifetime

In just one breathless kiss

No comments: