I don’t believe he cares for the name I gave my daughter, but as of yet, he has said nothing, save the fact that I spoil her. We’ve been staying at an inn, one in a long line of favorites I’m sure. As much as I wish to return to my home, I believe he has other plans for us. I try not to ask, for such things only upset him and I never quite know what will set him off. When I found them, Charm was asleep in his arms and he was staring down at her. "She has my hair, but your eyes. They are the most brilliant blue I have ever seen. I think they might even surpass yours. She's trying to walk now, but hasn't taken any steps on her own."
"She's is really quite beautiful. She doesn't need to walk just yet. I would like you and
Charm to take the Valerian house."
Even though he made it sound like a request, I knew it was not. Even though I would have preferred to stay at my shop, I knew that in the end, he would have his way. Some thing father and daughter shared.
He would not be living there, though he would come to visit when he could. And I would be allowed to keep the shop as a place of business, though it was clear my home would be where he deemed it.
"There is a network of caves under the street so I can get into the house easily. The choice is yours." But it wasn’t. Not if I wanted to stay in good standing with him. So I agreed.
I told him things about his child that he may not have known. Her habits, her temper, so much like his own when angered, and the connection we seem to share. He cut a piece of the leather away from his belt and tied it on to my wrist. He'd given me something similar when he enslaved me, but he made no comment as to what this was for. I did not ask, knowing only that it was meant to bind me to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment