She bid me to promise her I would stay, and I did, promising to stay as long as I could. The tension was so heavy, so thick in the air I could almost reach out and touch it. I felt as if I might have intruded upon some sibling séance, where the past was quickly catching up to the future, while leaving me caught in the present. I tried to talk to Lucian, at Bonnie’s request, but he is much like me, resisting the urge to share feelings and facts that are too personal, too painful. I worry about him. I worry about them both. Bonnie called me.. family.
Charming is growing by leaps and bounds, a bright and brilliant child who fills my days with joy. Her red curls are untamable, her smile infectious. Her favorite color is pink, and soon, so will the walls of her room. Both Bonnie and Lucian have been wonderful for her and I hope she has been good for them as well.
I have not seen Castor for a couple of days now, so tomorrow Charm and I will go back to the inn to see if he still has a room there. I never know where I will find him, or where he will find me, or what shape he’ll be in when I see him. At least my bruises have healed. His bruises are internal and ones I believe he shall carry forever. I miss him.
No comments:
Post a Comment