Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dear Sister


Maayan Asente

Caithris Island

2nd day of First Hand of the Month of Akas (6) in the year 10,159 CA




Dear Sister,
You probably remember me as nothing more than a shadow, if you remember me at all. For that I apologize, not being able to be there as you bloomed from child to woman. I should have returned once the collar of slavery was removed and I have no excuses, save to say that life did not stop as I thought it would.

But no more excuses.

I am writing in hopes that you will aid me in a search I have recently started, research actually, I finding I cannot be everywhere at once. I’m am seeking information on a book, or more directly, a key. I have found only a single passage that details any information on this book, which I have enclosed.

And now what I need from you.

It would be of great benefit to me if you could sail to the island of Cos and infiltrate its libraries, for on the page that held this tale I seek, was only a single word written. Cos.

I can only assume you have taken the caste of our father, thus you will be allowed access to books and scrolls that otherwise would be out of your reach.

I look forward to your reply and hope that I can count on you.

Please kiss the family for me and tell momma and papa they have a granddaughter. Her name is Charm and she is three years old. I can’t wait until they can meet her.

Your sister,

Astraea

No comments: