If you can look into the seeds of time, and say which grain will grow and which will not, Speak.William Shakespeare
I haven’t slept well since coming to Port Cos and I believe the lack of it is starting to catch up with me. My body is strained and my mind is stressed, but at least I have alleviated one worry, the letter to Castor that I have been putting off for days. Finally it is written and sent, I only hope he does not hate me for it.
Charm is still talking to Aiden, though she refuses to share with me what transpires between them. I swear there are times she looks at me through his eyes, his love, his anger and his hurt. I fear for her and I can see his hold on her growing stronger. I now believe I should have left her in Ar with her father, who can better protect her. My selfishness in wanting her near me could prove to be the worst decision I have ever made. But what terrifies me even more, is I’m sure he knows where we are, and being as he raped me, I know what he is capable of.
Port Cos seems to currently be a volatile city with its fires and unruly rest. Lucian has suggested I do not leave the house with less than three guards. I am of the opinion he is correct. Charm and I journey out only to the Library, where I have been given another stack of books to study. These are the last of the volumes that would contain the information I need. If I do not find what I seek within their dusty pages, I am at a loss at where to turn next. If only I could find a name, a drawing, something more to go on.
I should rest. It will be dawn soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment